Title: Lust Lodge (Nightstand Books NB1621, 1962)
Author: Don Holliday
Cover artist: that guy who did so many of their covers ... whatsisname!
Happy Halloween! You're welcome.
- The Hand!! "Nice to meet you Mrs. ... I ... uh ..."
- X marks the spot, dang!
- Did they even plan to draw a guy into this shot originally? His sliver of head and Random Hand look like total (awesome) afterthoughts.
- I like her underwears. I choose to ignore the fact that she has Ronald McDonald hair.
- Yet another classic from the Absurd Two-Word Intro .../... Outro school of back cover writing.
- To say this is bad writing is really to give bad writing a worse name than it already has.
- Three "wantons" (counting front and back)! Plural, adjectival, possessive. That's gotta be a record.
Page 123~ (brace yourselves ...)
"Don't be melodramatic," she said, blowing smoke once more. It hung in a grey cloud above her, as though prognosticating a storm at the cloud. How symbolic I've become, Beverly thought, looking at the cloud.
As though doing a what at the where now?
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]