Title: Look Behind You Lady
Author: A.S. Fleischman
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: $14
Best things about this cover:
- All I can say is: there'd better be a comma underneath her head.
- "For the last time, fella, I'm not 'lost.' I work in this here Mexican restaurant and I'm just takin' a smoke break. And I already looked behind me, and there was nothin' but a newspaper vending machine. Now beat it!"
- Strangely the rainy street tableau in the background is far more interesting / beautiful to me than the Lady in the foreground.
Best things about this back cover:
- Damn, no comma.
- I am currently waiting for the perfect opportunity to use the line: "I'm probably signing my death warrant, baby, but I'm going to listen to you."
- Oh, SHANGHAI FLAME, you don't say ... is that ... something?
"I was licked in Macao."
Well, we've all been there.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]