Author: Robert Lowry
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: $12
Best things about this cover:
- "... Women Without Morals"? More like "Women Without Vaginas." I'm just sayin', the tramp in the doorway with the beatific glow was definitely born a man.
- Joe got so distracted trying to hide his erection that he forgot he was holding a lit cigarette. This picture was taken about one second before Joe exclaimed "Fuck!" and threw the cigarette to the ground.
- Joe liked to tease the ladies by striking manly poses, and then, when women would show an interest, smiling and pointing to the sign by his head. A succession of knees to the groin taught him to stand like that.
- If anyone has an explanation for Frenchy McNewsieCap there in the background, I'd love to hear it.
Best things about this back cover:
- Not even WOMEN? Wow. That's bad. Whatever "that" is.
- "Even lush Maria ... didn't help much." Not having a vagina was probably a big part of the problem.
- "... and Colonel Polaski was waiting." Waiting for what!? If WOMEN didn't help, what did? All I can say is that if this book *doesn't* involve lots of rough gay sex, I'm going to be very disappointed.
"Let's get out of here, chum, I know a really nice place up the street where you can find something more than a bloody drink," the big Limey said.
OK, that has promise.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]