Title: Cradle of the Sun
Author: John Clagett
Cover artist: Robert Stanley
Yours for: $13
Best things about this cover:
- "Sorry, ladies! Filene's Attic is closed!"
- "I just flew in from Cleveland and boy are my arms tired ... get it? ... airplane [mimes airplane] ... yeesh, tough room."
- Rick Astley protects his Mayan mistress from the Spaniards: "Never gonna give her up ..."
- "Excuse me, sir, we mean no offense. It's just ... you have a bit of mole sauce under your right nipple ... just ... here. Might I suggest you try donning a shirt next time you partake of a meal?"
Best things about this back cover:
- No offense, ma'am, but: Worst Hat Ever. I wanna club her head with a stick and see if candy comes out.
- "Taut tale" — aw yeah, tell me more.
- She does not seem impressed with the size of their knives. In fact, I'm not convinced she's really looking at them. "Excuse me guys, I think I see Enrique over there. Oh Enrique!"
"By God, Suarez, rejoice! Your wit has at last produced an idea!"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]