Title: Each Won Two
Author: Marsha Bates
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: $14
Best things about this cover:
- "Each Lost Dignity"
- That Cathy, always egging on the drinks. "Go drinks! You can do it! Be cold and tasty!"
- I'm pretty sure that "veteran impersonators" do not get drunk, wrap themselves in bed sheets, and do impressions of gay lobsters.
- The dude in the middle with the blush and the ear injury appears to be wearing a burlap sack. He also appears to be floating.
- Florine prepares to do what any sensible person would do in her position: drink herself into a stupor.
- Don't look for that wall paint color at your local hardware store. It's available only in hell.
Best things about this back cover:
- Kandinsky strikes again!
- "Florine, Cathy, and Jim — names?" Uh, yes. "Not when you mix them up." Hmm, let's see ... nope, still names.
- I love how there is no way in hell you could possibly have any idea what this book is about despite the fact that the description is lengthy — 3 paragraphs! And no there there at all. "Things ... it ..." Dear god, just tell me what they're doing!
The minute I'd finished, her eyes told me that she knew I had asked a question for which I already had an answer. But I had to know, hear it from her mouth, hear her admit something I'd for some time suspected.