Title: Decisive Years
Author: Marsha Bates
Cover artist: uncredited (same guy did a LOT of the Fabian stuff — don't know his name)
Yours for: unavailable (property of "Paperback 250" Contest winner)
Best things about this cover:
- Check out their matching cigarette-holding stances, wrist baubles, and broken left ankles! Double your pleasure!
- "Just don't tell our dad, OK? The runny eggs have caused him disappointment enough for one morning. I mean ... well, just look at him."
- This title is Terrible — like a bad coming-of-age dramedy. "M*A*S*H" : "AfterM*A*S*H" :: "Wonder Years" : "Decisive Years"
Best things about this back cover:
- "Stop! Depression Time!"
- Those girls on the cover are 12 and 13 on what planet?
- AUDYNE = newest entry into "Laughable Names" Hall of Fame
- Oh, man, I can't wait to show you "EACH WON TWO": if you love clownish tales of drunk men dancing in drag at their wives' behest, then yes, "EACH WON TWO" "promises to be a story you'll want to read."
- I've just decided to move "EACH WON TWO" to the top of the list. Look for it as Paperback 253.
"Fine!" Charley said, angering me more. "Now, there's one other little item to take up here. It's about the relationship between Audyne and me. I'm only a foster uncle to her, and my responsibility's been only verbal and charitable."
Yuck. This book is starting to make "Lolita" look family-friendly.