Author: Ian Fleming
Cover artist: Barye Phillips
Yours for: $25
Best things about this cover:
- The long-awaited Moonmower prequel!
- Remember when NASA designed its launch towers to looks like giant lady spies? Man, the '60s were awesome!
- I choose to read only the text to the right of her head, thus: "a luscious lady spy that can blow the…" Now *that's* suspense!
- This came out in 1960, when Janet Leigh's haircut from "Psycho" was apparently very popular.
Best things about this back cover:
- Here's rocket in your eye!
- Let he who is without a rocket in his eye cast the mote verily from within thine own talent … is how the bible verse goes, I believe.
- You had me at "Flamboyant!"
- DRAX is an occasional crossword answer. Just FYI.
"I'm terribly sorry, Sir Hugo. But could you possibly stop for just a moment? I want, I mean, I'm terribly sorry but I'd like to powder my nose. It's terribly stupid of me. I'm so sorry."Hugo Drax then wondered angrily why Gala didn't go back at McDonald's, when she had the chance. I mean, she drank all that soda, what did she think was going to happen? God! Now we're never gonna get to uncle Bob's by dinner! Gimme your Walkman, Gala! Stupid girls don't get Walkmen!
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]