Title: The Man Who Japed / The Space-Born
Author: Philip K. Dick / E. C. Tubb
Cover artist: Ed Emshwiller / Ed Valigursky
Yours for: $25
Best things about this cover:
- Jackie gonna be *a* severed-headball sta-ar!
- When college pranks go awry. "We said 'japery,' Jackie. 'Japery.' You call beheading the dean 'japery'!?"
- The best, and I mean the Very Best, part of this cover is the teeny arm waving goodbye / pleading for help from beneath the jagged stick pile.
Best things about this other cover:
- Death was their pilot, fear their fuel, underground hot-oil wrestling their passion!
- Hey, you've got to hide your love away! (from the flying pestle-wielding space golems)
- "Halt! Halt! Freddie Mercury wants his boots back! Remove the boots at once or face extreme golem-pestle interrogation enhancement!"
Page 123~ (from The Space-Born)
He stared at the knives in the hands of the searchers.
"Wait … those aren't knives," Tom whispered to Jerry. "Those are just pestles. I say we run for it!"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]