Title: A New Kind of Love
Author: Henry Williams
Cover artist: photo cover
Yours for: $9
Best things about this cover:
- This photo does not say "sizzling." It says "awkward last kiss before I plummet to my death."
- If you invert the book, Woodward's position makes sense. That is also the only way Newman's pose makes sense. Which raises the question — why is it upside-down? I'm sure it's a metaphor, but I can't see how making them look like acrobats/monkeys helped move any more books.
- Nice gams.
Best things about this back cover:
- "Samantha soon realized that something was missing. Like, for instance, a man." — sounds like "The Old Kind of Love" to me.
- If she was a career girl, then she was already a "new woman." She's Becoming Eye Candy, which I'm all for, but it's not new.
- Sadly, the photos are not, as advertised, "provocative." Although this one ... has potential. She looks like something out of a gay space-age western:
"Isn't it charming?" Felicienne said. "It's so large, it's gone beyond bad taste and come out on the other side, chic, elegant, bizarre."
You'll be happy to know she's talking about a diamond.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]