Title: Behold This Woman
Author: David Goodis
Cover artist: William Shoyer
Yours for: $40
Best things about this cover:
- Only four?
- Behold these boobs!
- Love the guy's hand: "... must ... not ... fondle ..."
- Notice how often woman is front and center on pb covers while man is off to side, lopped off, seen from behind, kind of in shadows, etc. Woman is meant to be a very particular dish, while man is usu. a kind of Everyman. Or Anysap, I guess.
- Now that I look more closely at the picture, I think that the guy is an interior decorator who is having a coronary after witnessing the pink rococo orgasm that is this room.
Best things about this back cover:
- I'm going to go with ... the knife jammed into the window sill. Yes, that's the best thing.
- Actually, I'm loving the little blue and pink Yes / Buts.
- Wow, the original cover girl for "Behold This Woman" was all kinds of ugly.
The gray-haired man was annoyed. "What do you mean, help you?" he said. "What do you take me for, an ignoramus?"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]