Title: The Unfair Fare Affair (The Man From U.N.C.L.E. #18)
Author: Peter Leslie
Cover artist: photo
Yours for: $12
Best things about this cover:
- Illya Kuryakin shows how he won first place at the Gun Shuffleboard Tournament of 1963
- "And then I swam over to my gun, like so..."
- "That fare was so unfair that ... oh ... I'm just going to lie here ..."
Best things about this back cover:
- I love that the publishers could give a flying !@##$ what stills they use on their covers. "Boss, we need two pics for the "Man From U.N.C.L.E." book. Which ones should we use?" / "I don't know, just grab two off the top." / "But ... in this one the guy's just holding a tape measure. That doesn't really conv—" / "Just do what I say and shut yer yap!"
- I was too young ever to have seen an ep of this show. I think that for some reason the paperback tie-ins numbered 14 and over are rarer than those with lower numbers. Forget where I heard this. Anyway ... maybe I can find the show on TV or DVD somewhere. I think I should at least see one ep — it was a huge hit in the 60s.
Now that the mechanics of Bartoluzzi's one-man escape network were known, now that he was morally sure that he had in fact been approached by THRUSH on the lines that Waverly had feared, Kuryakin felt justified in throwing the Corsican, as it were, to the wolves.