Title: Out From Eden
Author: Victoria Lincoln
Cover artist: Tom Dunn
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
- An interesting variation on the typical Great Girl Art cover—this is more like one of those annoying modern covers where the women are always facing away or their heads are out of frame and possibly there is mist or water. If you think I'm kidding, just want into what they call a "book" "store" and look around.
- Any sexiness she brings to this cover, the schlubby painter dude totally takes out of it.
- I am having a Hate/Love relationship with that mug in the foreground.
Best things about this back cover:
- Are there different varieties of Edens? An Eden of Pancakes, maybe?
- "Raffish"—wow, that's not a word you see .... ever. Cool.
- So that must be Jessica on the cover. She seems nice.
- I don't want to know the "special and painful way" Todd learned about love because I am quite sure the version in my head is much better.
"You mean a is to b as c is to d?" again the intelligence faded. "How could you? They're letters and arithmetic is numbers."
"A frank and moving story of a naked girl who learned algebra."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]