Title: Give a Man a Gun
Author: Leslie Ernenwein
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $12
Best things about this cover:
- You know what they say: "Give a man a gun, he'll ... shoot some fish ... something something."
- Fear hand—man style!
- "Trigger tramp" = "closeted cowboy," I think. "Don't judge me just 'cause I got this ascot and your girlfriend and these dance moves and you didn't!"
- "His gun made him a man—the story of a Very Western Prosthesis."
Best things about this back cover:
- OK, stop right there: CLEE? Give a man a name, why don't you?
- Everybody from Texas—we get it, you're from Texas. You can take off the hat now.
- I wonder what's next from the very Westernly named Leslie Ernenwein—maybe "Give a Gun a Gun" or "Gun Night in Guntown" or "The Joy Luck Gun Club."
He went out to his horse then and stowed the two bottles in his saddlebags. Seeing Doc Stonecypher come down the Empire Hotel steps, Dude called, "How's Johnny Frayne?"
Doc Stonecypher replied, "Hmmm, I'd say fair-to-middlin'. Gotta go now. Gotta fight Spider-Man."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]