Title: Cat Man
Author: Edward Hoagland
Cover artist: Stanley Zuckerberg
Yours for: $12
- Yes, your ass *is* impressive, ma'am, but Zombie Bowser wants brains.
- If I knew what she was doing, I would tell you.
- What is that magic cloud of pastel soup that Bowser's wallowing around in? I'm torn between 'really shitty futon cover from ca. 1994' and 'Smurf latrine.'
- "He courted danger in a jungle world"—ohhhhh. That's what I'm looking at. Courtship. "Geena, I'm down on all my paws, beggin' you—won't you be my jaguar-bride?"
- "Random Words" = equally scintillating alternative to "Big Top"; unless there are gay implications I'm missing, which I really hope there are.
- Where have all the cagehands gone?
- I like how "winos" are so-called, while freaks are just fucking freaks—no quotation marks needed. We all know freaks when we see them, amiright? Pfft. Freaks.
- "Rejected by respectable society"!? I've seen the cover. I'm with respectable society here.
Bible licked his mustache and brooded . The man in black smiled, thinking about something . His face was lumpy and gentle . The buttons on his shirt were gray instead of black, and he was playing with them. His belt buckle reflected silver like anybody else's belt buckle .
-  Some people give their kids names from the Bible. And then some just say 'fuck it, I can't keep them bible names straight. Let's just call him Bible.'
-  I like the second half of this sentence for answering the tough questions I had about the first half of this sentence.
-  "... like oatmeal, when it's thinking about something"
-  Foreshadowing the black-hole belt buckle that kills everyone at the end. (spoiler alert)
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]