Title: Border Wolves
Author: Archie Joscelyn
Cover artist: George Gross
Yours for: $12
Best things about this cover:
- Great girl art! Love the blouse and the skirt and I admire her firm and fearless (if unorthodox) gun-handling technique.
- Captain Just-For-Men there, however, looks decidedly less confident. "Ehh, I don't like this shooting business! I'm just gonna dance myself off, stage left."
- I'd love his neckerchief if it were on her.
- Where are the wolves? I was promised wolves.
- I defy you to find the adjective "gun-ruled" anywhere else. It's an adjectival exclusive!
Best things about this back cover:
- Again, no Wolves. Giant psychedelic logo, but no Wolves, Border or otherwise.
- We get it. This was a range. Move along.
- VENGEANCE! (I'm a sucker for all things revenge/vengeance/avenging/retribution/vigilante/payback)
Page 123~ (book too short, so ... Page 23!)
Her face warmed transfiguringly, but Thane had little time to watch that.A big improvement from the first draft of this sentence: "She had a face like a hotplate, but Thane only had eyes for Dun Wanderin'" (which, I swear, is the name of a character in this book)
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]
[Rex Parker's Tumblr feed]