Title: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Author: Ian Fleming
Cover artist: photo cover
Yours for: $13
Best things about this cover:
- Ladies Love Cool James
- Ladies also Love Quartered Lazenby
- These all seem like professional models, except for that one lady who is so rapt by Lazenby's prodigious hunk of man-scalp that she's raising her hand in astonishment while simultaneously setting out to scale his head.
- The fact that Diana Rigg is *not* on the cover of this novel is a crime against humanity.
Best things about this back cover:
- Aargh, stupid cheap books that can't be bothered to put different images on the back!
- How much do I want to have some business cards made that read "Ernest Stavro Blofeld — Master Artist of Cruelty / Licensed & Bonded / Walk-ins Welcome! [picture of kittens]"
- "...his horror-stained career" — oh, man, horror stains are the Hardest to get out. Trust me.
Bond pointed his skis down toward the tree-line, got down in his ugly crouch and shot, his skis screaming, into white space.
Wow. Nobody writes a sex scene quite like Fleming.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]