Title: The Sex Cure
Author: Elaine Dorian
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: SOLD!
Best things about this cover:
- "We need the painting now." "But ... it's not finished yet. I've only just sketched the couch." "Fuck it. No time. Color the couch and the entire background with purple crayon. That'll have to do."
- Dr. Justin Riley's OCD compelled him to check all his patients for Ring Around the Collar.
- This embrace is so awkward that I'm forced to wonder if he is embracing a warm and willing patient or helping J.C. Penney relocate some of their mannequins.
- "Darling ... your shirt tastes wonderful."
- Love the stethoscope. Just in case you thought it was some random guy in a smoking jacket.
- Really wish the first tagline had an ellipsis or colon, and then just two more words: "his dick!"
Best things about this back cover:
- Man, that's more text than you'd think you'd need to sell this thing.
- "Misty Powers," HA ha.
- "You Will Be Shocked," "You May Be Angry"... They forgot "You May Be Strangely Aroused"
- "You May Be Angry" ?? — "I can't believe this fictional character is doing bad things! How dare he!?"
"Nuts." The word exploded in his head and he gave up trying to sleep and reached for a cigarette.OK, technically that's on page 122, but "'Nuts.' The word exploded in his head..." was too good for me to be a stickler. 122 ... close enough. I mean, I could also have gone with "Every woman I touch, he had said only scant hours ago, turns into a whore," and then asked "Wait ... how many hours?" But I stand by my choice.