Title: No Highway
Author: Nevil Shute
Cover artist: photo
Yours for: $10
Best things about this cover:
- "And then you fold this last part like so, and, long story short, we're all going to die in a massive fireball."
- Flying used to require fancy dress. Though I never knew those days, I kind of miss those days...
- ...though I'd rather not think about how many animals had to die so that Ms. Dietrich could cross the Atlantic in style.
- I like how literal the title is: "How are we getting from London to New York? Highway?" "No. No Highway. Airplane."
Best things about this back cover:
- Mapback attack!
- More Canadian geography than I have ever seen on a mapback. By a longshot.
- Love the tweaked-globe layout of the map. And, of course, the majestic Gander Airport
"Oh. Are you aware, Dr. Scott, that B.O.A.C. have refused to carry this man in their aircraft, on the grounds that the mental instability from which he suffers makes him a danger to the safety of the other passengers? Are you aware of that?"
I colored hotly at his tone.
I really love that last sentence.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]