Title: Sinful Cities of the Western World
Author: Hendrik de Leeuw
Cover artist: Frederick Meyer
Yours for: $18
Best things about this cover:
- Touchdown! The Giantesses win again! Suck it, Lilliputians!
- Few people know that the Aurora Borealis is actually caused by a giant radioactive woman named Aurora. Here she is in the little Canadian fishing village where she grew up (before being bitten by that spider...).
- I love how nonchalant the little people are: "Ugh, her again. What a drama queen."
Best things about this back cover:
- Look at you, Hartford Courant, working the paradox angle. Look out, big city papers, there's a new kid on the blurb block, and he's hungry!
- The U.N. had a committee on "White Slavery???"
- Berlin, why must you be excessive in your sadism and homosexuality? Why can't you just be moderately sadistic and homosexual, like Luxembourg?
- Memo to copywriter re: last line—"arouse" and "alert" are not synonyms. So unless you really mean to encourage people to engage in the "horrible barter of human flesh," maybe a rewrite's in order.
Even the breath of the woman in my arms, as we danced again, was honey flavored.
"Hey, buddy, why do you keep licking the air around my head? ... well, you sound like a dog, so cut it out or I ain't dancin' with you no more."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]