Author: Mary Roberts Rinehart
Cover artist: Muni
Yours for: best offer
- I'm intrigued the modernist book design in the book hammock
- More gruesome lefthanditude
- This cover gets awesomer once you realize that it is a wrap-around...
- Free verse. Interesting. I am imagining this being read at a Poetry Slam. Now I'm imagining it being read by Garrison Keillor. Both versions have their charms / horrors.
- "Confirmed bachelor" — awesome! The main character is gay! That must be why there's that dash for shocking emphasis in the phrase "he fell desperately, unequivocally / in love — with a woman!" [gasp!]
- Mmmm, 9. My favorite number. I am the man in lower nine.
Hotchkiss had penetrated the steaming interior of the cave, and now his voice, punctuated by the occasional thud of horses' hoofs, came to me.
What are horses hoofs doing in the middle of an otherwise very hot sex scene?
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]