Title: Twilight Women
Author: Les Scott
Cover artist: uncredited
*[dated 1952, but I don't think Beacon was even publishing then ... probably late 50s, probably first Beacon printing ... and a Gorgeous one at that; slight spine lean, but apparently unread]
Yours for: $25
Best things about this cover:
- "This tree makes my pits smell awesome!"
- If you are going to adopt a pseudonym for your first lesbian softcore effort, might I suggest "Les"?
- They Worshipped at the Shrine of Passion — this either made them gargantuan or shrunk them to the size of a bonzai tree, I can't really tell.
- Free Mini-Twilight Woman with every Twilight Woman purchase!
Best things about this back cover:
- From the Unbelievable Names Department, we bring you ... Lakla! Aletha! and introducing ... Rance!
- "But Lakla soon thrust upon him her adorable little companion Aletha" — So that's who the small woman on the cover is. Wow, they're not foolin' about "little companion." "You'll love her, Rance. She fits right in your pocket. You don't have any cats, do you?"
- "Punishment by death for penetrating ..." — insert lesbian joke here.
On and on the quivering ship staggered blindly, strained to the limit of her brave endurance, the sea bellowing around her, threatening disaster, savagely wrathful.
Oh yeah, just what I want from my vintage lesbian paperback: Hot Nautical Action.