Title: Kid Galahad
Author: Francis Wallace
Cover artist: Charles Andres
Yours for: $17
Best things about this cover:
- Unlike most Good and Bad Angels, Kid Galahad's Good and Bad Angels chose to reside in his armpits, not on his shoulders.
- Love how heads are crammed into every crevice of the painting. My favorite is the sweaty, neck-wiping Tintin lookalike (under the Kid's right glove, which appears to have been fashioned from the remains of an old football).
- This Kid has apparently been waxed within an inch of his life. "Behold my glistening torso!"
Best things about this back cover:
- LOVE the numbers of the ref's count on the ropes. Dramatic.
- Check out how lame the cover of the Little, Brown edition was!
- Jeez, first line of copy makes this novel sound like a slasher film. Or a tale of surgery.
She looked at him coldly. "Don't flatter yourself. I don't care whether you burn or freeze."