Title: A Chosen World
Author: Carl Corley
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: $75 (you heard me!)
Best things about this cover:
- What the hell is GSN? Gay Studies Network? Good Sex News? I have been over this book inside and out, and I can't find the publisher info. They must have been really afraid of hate mail or something.
- Looking around on-line, I see that the publisher is "Pad Library" — that name is not nearly as satisfying as my "GSN" guesses, above.
- I love (and I mean love) that their logo is a guy riding bareback. Or maybe there's a saddle on there. Who can tell? Either way, ride 'em, cowboy!
- "Twilight world" — my favorite code word for gay land
- In case you were wondering if homosexuality is a choice — now you know. Definitively. Thanks, "Carl."
Best things about this back cover:
- Yes, I believe that that guy is gay. And has had a lot of work done on his face. And possibly is genetically related to lizards.
- "Hmmm, let's see, what's another word for 'throbbing'...?"
- "He bares the hidden recesses of..." - oh dear lord stop right there.
- I want that typewriter. For real.
- Aside from some general, low-grade fading and scuffing, this "classic tome" is in !@#ing perfect condition.
Then I went to the house, my mind whirling like a treadmill's, my ambitions soaring.
Treadmills being notorious for their whirling minds.