Title: Room for the Rolling M
Author: Bertrand W. Sinclair
Cover artist: Uncredited [A. Leslie Ross? Norman Saunders?]
Yours for: $15
Best things about this cover:
- "M" is about the last letter I would expect to "roll" anywhere. Too angular.
- That window is some kind of brittle scrim - made out of confectionery, perhaps. Glass does not break like that or look like that.
- His neckerchief is fetching. I also like the shirt. I think this guy has a really bad sunburn or is a rodeo clown. Otherwise, what's up with the aggressively red cheeks?
- His left hand looks contorted / evil.
- What is that "HP" in the corner of the window?
- I love that I can read "Warrant for Arrest" on the document that he has handily tucked inside his gun belt.
- At least this guy can hold a gun, unlike some recent Western cover guys I've featured.
I would show you a back cover, but it's just the same as the last Western Novel Classic back cover. Ho + Hum.
As Mike passed out a rotund Chinaman came bearing a tray.
Poor Mike. I guess it's like they always say: Beware rotund Chinamen bearing trays.