Title: Both Sides of the Law
Author: Bertrand W. Sinclair
Cover artist: [A. Leslie] Ross
Yours for: $15
Best things about this cover:
- "Claude Akins and/or Andy Griffith is ... This Guy!"
- That horse has a mangy mohawk and its eyes look Freaked Out
- I am tired of these covers where people hold (and fire) guns at ridiculous angles. What is with the inside-out wrist flip here? That thing should kick out of his hand.
- I'm gonna say gun beats lasso.
- Why is he being lassoed??? Is he a performer in the world's most dangerous rodeo?
- I guess he is a sheriff (the badge) and is also being hunted for some reason (the lasso). He needs to tie his kerchief tighter.
Best things about this back cover:
- Wow, talk about lo-concept.
"But from my angle when I sat into this game, an' from the way you acted right from the first time you laid eyes on me, appearances were against you. When I expressed my opinion of you last night, it was my honest belief. I was dead certain at that minute that I was right. It seems that I was wrong."
"From one cowpoke to another, I honestly love you."