Title: Tiger Street
Author: Elleston Trevor
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $25
Best things about this cover:
- Richie: "Whaddya think of my left thigh, lady? See this tendon on my inner thigh, here? It's been gettin' a pretty good stretch in my yoga classes. This is kinda how I do Warrior 2. I got good form, don't ya think? And my sweater's pretty nifty too."
- Richie: "Jimmy, she ain't sayin' nothin.'" Jimmy: "Hey lady, he's showin' ya his yoga thighs. Tell him he looks nice. That's just common courtesy. Hey, you got a light? These matches don't work so good."
- She doesn't have "fear hand" so much as "backing away as far as I can hand."
- The original version of this painting just had the one trashcan, but then the art director was all, "Needs more trashcan." And thus the viewed-through-the-legs trashcan was born.
- Tiger Street! The Musical! "Walk up a staircase / Make out in a doorway / Pick fruit from a trashcan / Show off your firm thighs … Tiger Street!"
- Love the background. Street design is pretty stylized, but still has tons of nice detail. I especially like the awnings and fire escapes.
- This cover features ten people. Find them all. Go!
Best things about this back cover:
- This was their HOUR of HELL!—that one time they interrupted "Real Housewives" for some stupid Presidential Address. Worst Hour Ever!!!
- Sorry, no, I am not buying that a human being has the name of "Vosper." Maybe he's literally an "animal," 'cause I might buy "Vosper" as a pet's name. Maybe.
- First there were dark rumblings, then there were quiet rumblings. What other kinds of rumblings might this novel contain!? Start reading at once, before you stop caring.
"Quietly, mate—push the door to—you saw the blood, yes, where?"First, this guy's super-bossy. Second, there's something painfully anticlimactic about "Cliff."
"Over there by—"
"All right, stay there will you … yes, I see, and this in the crack, too, eh? What else, Cliff?"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]