Title: Freud: His Dream and Sex Theories
Author: Joseph Jastrow
Cover design: Charles Skaggs
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
- I know. It's terrible, right? It's easily the worst, i.e. the most boring, cover in my entire collection. I think. It's up there, anyway.
- I sort of like the background pattern, in a wallpaper or possibly denim pants kind of way.
- "The Stuff of Dreams" made me laugh. Yes, sex dreams can lead to "stuff." For sure. Especially if you are a young man.
Best things about this back cover:
- I see your boring, Front Cover, and I raise you five borings.
- Even "an appreciation" is boring. We get it, you're legit psych, not phony porn-psych. Ease up on the Big For Legitimacy.
- Scholars are "dispassionate." Only the best pulp novels are "frank."
It is safe to predict that neither in education, nor in the family or social relations shall we return to a pre-Freudian era.
This is, by far, the most exciting sentence on this page. WHO BOUGHT THIS? Men trying desperately to kill their 4+-hour boners?!
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]