Title: Hero's Lust
Author: Kermit Jaediker
Cover artist: Lou Marchetti
Yours for: $17
Best things about this cover:
- "The Quick Brown Fox wants you should shaddup!"
- That tie has a mind of its own.
- I like the puffy letters.
- Miss Axilla, 1953
- Seriously, though, she's pretty damned hot and I enjoy what she is wearing. I can't recall seeing a top quite like that on paperback covers before. Spaghetti straps!
Best things about this back cover:
- OK, +1million points for the juxtaposition of "the City stank" with her armpit.
- Aw, I was sad to see the writer give up on the alliteration there in the first paragraph. I can think of at least one double-hard-C phrase that could substitute for "harlot's smile"...
- "Damnfool" is a first-rate adjective.
"No prostitute walks our streets."
The whole page is a delightfully delusional newspaper editorial.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]