Title: The Black Curtain
Author: Cornell Woolrich
Cover artist: George Frederiksen
Yours for: $30
Best things about this cover:
- Me: "Why is the right side of the cover all blacked out? … oh, that's the black curtain. I see…"
- The Michelin Man stalks his next victim.
- The Michelin Man is ready for his midnight duel.
- The Michelin Man feels deep satisfaction at how thoroughly he has painted the town red.
Best things about this back cover:
- 3=trees; 4=trees; 5=darker trees; 6=shrubs…
- Architectural blueprints!
- You have to go through the pantry to get from the kitchen to the dining room?
- "Don't go in that room." "Why, what's in there?" "Old man." "O dear god!"
"How is it that don't have the estate fenced in?" he asked. "Leave it open like this for anyone to trespass—"Pretty sure that first question is missing a word. Also pretty sure "We'll have to feel out way through the rough" (on the same page) contains a typo. So … no more blaming the internet for shitty editing.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]