Title: Ten North Frederick
Author: John O'Hara
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
- Wow, this is a strong entry in the Shittiest Cover Ever contest.
- "Oh, Steve. Hold me in your pea green embrace!"
- I like how the title is reinforced by the door in the background. Wait, did I say "like"…?
- I almost like her messy painted dress and the curvaceous alien legs of the … let's call it a "hat stool."
Best things about this back cover:
- Honestly, they couldn't make this book more boring-sounding if they tried.
- Wait, go back to the "sweetheart" part … now change it to "buxom mistress" … yes, that's better.
- So it's about a guy with a hat and cane who doesn't get to be President. I love John O'Hara, and I'm sure the book is fine, but I'm gonna require a sexier come-on than JOE CHAPIN.
"Ever see a fellow named Guyon Bardwell? He lived on Staten Island, and I imagine still does."
"Bardwell. No, I don't think so, although I did go to Staten Island this year. It's a beautiful place."
Staten Island? The one in New York? OK, if you say so.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]