Title: Death and Letters
Author: Elizabeth Daly
Cover artist: photo cover
Yours for: [not for sale] [weeeeirdly high prices ($40, $99.99) on this one at abebooks; no idea what that's about]
Best things about this cover:
- Yes. That expression. That is exactly the expression I make when confronted with a terrible crossword puzzle. SIDEGLANCE!
- How much product is in that hair? You '60s ladies were Dedicated.
- Is that a crocheted top? Or a bib? So weird. And yet I love her.
- Gamadge Does Damage!™
Best things about this back cover:
- Is one puzzle talking to another ... or ... ?
- "Jailors" looks all kinds of wrong. Like "jailer" and "gaoler" had an ugly baby.
- I bought "The Book of the Lion" at the same book sale where I picked up this book. As with nearly all the books I bought that day, this one is in cut-your-fingers perfect condition. Unread. New. Ridiculous.
"I'm terribly worried about your wanting to go and eat peanuts in the park."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]