Title: Summer Widow
Author: Florence Stonebraker
Cover artist: Al Rossi
Yours for: $10
Best things about this cover:
- "First the pelicans, now this!? Damn you, oil spill!!!," raged Steve.
- "Your abdomen, it's so hot ... like ... like warm asphalt ... seriously, what the f*&^ is this?"
- The black Sharpie assault on this woman's torso may be the single lamest act of censorship on record.
- Florence Stonebraker ... she sounds like a real ... stonebreaker.
- Every girl's gotta have a pair of beach heels. Or just one beach heel, I guess.
Best things about this back cover:
- Time On Her Hands / Men On Her Mind / Sand On Her Butt
- Oh, "tucked." That says "*tucked* away at a summer resort ..." How disappointing.
- "What followed was ironical and bitter" is a sentence you should work into every story you tell for the rest of your life. It's a lapel-grabber.
She tried to fight. But what was the use in trying to fight an avalanche of insensate lust?
The guitar moaned.
She screamed ...Never mind the seeming impossibility of "insensate lust," I can't help thinking about what this monstrous woman is doing to that poor, poor guitar.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]