Title: The Sin Shouter of Cabin Road
Author: John Faulkner
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $13
Best things about this cover:
- Josiah never went out a-preachin' without his trusty pet slattern.
- Behold what the mind-blowing success of Erskine Caldwell hath wrought.
- With "ribald," "earthy," "uninhibited" and (on back) "bawdy" all featuring prominently on this cover, I canNot believe there's not a "frank" in sight. I guess "frank" is what you get when you drain the corny humor away.
- I dig the guy's pocket square but what the hell is up with his shoes? Those are some amazing technicolor dream shoes right there.
- She is supposed to be sexy but she has dumb, lop-sided eyes and looks more seal than human.
Best things about this back cover:
- If you liked "Uncle Good's Girls," you'll "Uncle Good's Girls II: Gooder Than Ever."
- I believe in the reality of a person named "Harry Serwer" about as much as I believe in a "star of Beelzebub."
- Please please please let "the glory trail" be some porn term I'm as-yet unaware of.
"They ain't much difference in them politicians oncet they gits to Washington nohow," Uncle Good said. "They are all jest about furriners. I wouldn't trust nair one in Washington after they let the W P and A fall through."
Uncle Good—poet, prophet, statesman, regional caricature
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]