Title: The Girl with a Secret
Author: Charlotte Armstrong
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $15
- the girl who refused to use the 'shift' key.
- She'd be a lot hotter if they'd let her come out of the wall.
- Who knew Georgia O'Keeffe went through a femme fatale phase?
- Back-to-back "Dram" covers. Who says this blog isn't exciting!?
Best things about this back cover:
- Oakland Tribune makes Armstrong sound like a master thief or brilliant serial killer.
- "Very much a bride." What .. what? Is that part supposed to come with a [wink!]? "You know how brides are ..."
- Needless to say, the design of this back cover is unimaginative and joyless, down to the hackneyed, irrelevant tagline.
Ellen opened the door. "Oh, Mr. Tony! Oh ... Mrs. Paige!"
Nicely encapsulates the horror of accidentally walking in on your algebra teacher nailing your best friend's mom. I assume the next line is something like, "My eyes! My eyes!!!!"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]