Friday, September 14, 2012

Paperback 560: The Lowest Sins / Joe Castro (Midwood F125)

Paperback 560: Midwood F125 (PBO, 1961)

Title: The Lowest Sins
Author: Joe Castro
Cover artist: Paul Rader

Yours for: $25

Mid125.Lowest
Best things about this cover:
  • Nothing sexier than a barmaid kneeling on a frozen lake, I tell you what ...
  • You can't look at this too long because, man, below the waist she looks kind of twisted and broken. It's like she's trying to stand up after a very bad fall. Either that, or she is taking a knee / preparing to do some Tebowing.
  • I love the cleavage and the glimpse of garter and all, but this pose is so random and unnatural that most of the sexiness is drained right out of it.
  • Can a sister get some context up in here?
  • The condition on this book is astonishing. Square, unread, uncreased, gorgeous.

Mid125bc.Lowest
Best things about this back cover:
  • Um, yes, same girl. Same picture, even, I'm pretty sure. Is that all? I've got other cases to solve.
  • LOVE the existential terror inspired by the question "WHAT WAS SHE?"—"We need to label her, stat!"
  • Frank!!!!

Page 123~
It took only a few minutes before Jenny placed her two hands over her ears to shut out the loud snoring of John's slumber.
"That tears it!" she thought. "I'm going lesbian."

~RP

PS thanks to Doug Peterson for sending me this book—and three more books, which I'll feature in the upcoming weeks.

[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]

3 comments:

Frank said...

There's such a simple solution to this dilema. So simple. But when I suggest it, I'm the pervert.

Why has everyone been taught from childhood that life is a zero-sum game? It's not, it's frequently a three-some game.

sificligh said...

I hate to break it to her Page 123 self, but I've slept with more than one woman whose snoring could shake the rafters. "Going lesbian" is no solution to THAT problem.

Anonymous said...

I actually attempted to read this piece of crap. Terrible, terrible stuff. My copy is equally pristine. My theory is that nobody gets past the first couple of pages.