Title: Palm Beach Apartment
Author: Gail Jordan
Cover artist: George Geygan
Yours for: $14
- "Let's see ... I just need to get a closer look, and ... yep, that's an Adam's apple. Dang."
- Larry's bra-removing technique was so awkward and laborious and Gayle fell asleep before he was done.
- I honestly can't conceive of the context that would justify this particular arrangement of bodies. He's not dipping her, or lifting her, and yet she appears somewhat suspended. It's *possible* he's laying her down on the ... ground? Beach? Maybe their "love nest" is an actual nest. "They lived and loved like plovers!" That would "set the whole town talking," I imagine.
- "His ward," ha ha. She's Robin to his Batman.
- "'Hands off' Hester" is kind of a great nickname.
- I love the way the quotation marks alert us to these new-fangled expressions like "hands off" and "nice people."
- OK, now I understand the front cover. That's just Sam awakening to Hester's ripe womanhood. He's sniffing her to confirm that she's ripe.
Hendy said sharply, "You told him?"
Hester's eyes were wide. "Of course" she answered as though she thought the question too silly to merit a response.
Hendy & Hester! Coming this fall to NBC ("We've got a few holes to fill in our lineup").
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]
PS CBS did a piece on me last weekend (about my crossword blog)—there's lots of shots of my home office, where The Paperbacks live ... see the piece here.