Title: Ride the Pink Horse
Author: Dorothy B. Hughes
Cover artist: [Gerald Gregg]
Yours for: $10
Best things about this cover:
- That zombie is going to Town on that horse flank!
- "Riding the Pink Horse" would make a great slang phrase / euphemism. Maybe for ... when you are consuming lots of Pepto Bismol. Ask me about my two other suggestions! (warning: they involve sexuality and menstrual flow, respectively)
- I know some carnival rides give people motion sickness, but I had no idea a carousel could wreck a guy that bad. Down to his hair.
Best things about this back cover:
- Visually, this not that interesting. Just a cluster of dots on a lined white back ground. Like someone used it for target practice. Nice cluster.
- I love the expressive lines coming off the Cross of the Martyrs. Nice comic booky touch.
- But what is that thing projecting out from beneath it? Sconces Gone Wild!
"I'd take a drink. This Sunday law is a hindrance. To a working man.""... and that's the last thing I remember saying. Three days later I came to, draped over a carousel horse, my mouth tasting of cigarettes, vomit, and whore."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]