Title: The Jewels of Aptor
Author: Samuel R. Delany
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $6
Best things about this cover:
- Image lifted from a "Welcome to the Wonderful World of Scientology!" poster
- "Let's get high and listen to the new Phallus Eruption album!"
- I always thought the Washington Monument could stand to be a little ... gayer.
Best things about this back cover:
- This font is killing me. That "w" is totally making out with that "e."
- If there's one way I like my vivid images, it's crammed.
- "Denouement," Ha ha. I haven't seen that word since high school. So Shakespearean.
The knot's invention was ingenious. At the vibration, two opposed loops shook away from a third, and a four millimetre length of rubber band that had been sewn in tightened and released a fourth loop from a small length of number four gauge wire with a holding tonsure of three quarters of a gram, and the opposing vibration returning up the cord loosed a similar apparatus on the other side of the plug.Dang. Sex toys of the future are complicated.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]