Title: In Search of Sin
Author: Gil McDonald
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $20
Best things about this cover:
- "Mission ... accomplished."
- "Don't mind me kids. I'm good. Carry on."
- "Did somebody order a debonair voyeur?"
- Whenever Steve went out spying on his wife, he always brought along HAL-9000 for backup.
Best things about this back cover:
- Quite possibly the best back cover opening line I've ever read.
- As good as the first line is, the second line is equally bad. Passive voice, kids ... it's a killer.
- If you want to kill your boner, just read this back cover. Nothing unsexier than clunky, amateurish writing about sex.
"I take it you're off on some half-baked idea of your own about how to catch these people," he continued, as his cigar again jabbed the air savagely.Fly paper and swatters were fine for some people, but for Captain Gregory, nothing was so satisfying as taking down a pesky fly with a lit cigar—foolish appearance and inefficiency be damned!
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]