Title: Substitute Sinners
Author: John Dexter
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $20
Best things about this cover:
- From the author who brought you the klassic "A Thousand Beds" (1967) comes ... this!
- "Your regular sinner is out today. I'm your substitute sinner: Charlene."
- Her hair = mastodon tusks
- Love the admiring grin on Joe Handsome Pool.
- So you just walk around holding that towel in place all day?
- Joe emerges from his private pool forest while Angela executes a perfect head-first slide into third base and Charlene holds a tutorial in obi-tying. This is an eclectic and talented bunch. Who knew Esalen could be such fun?
Best things about this back cover:
- I really want to know whose job it was to tourettically shout out pseudo-sexual nonsense phrases for these BOLD! ital. BOLD! back covers. I should have a special tag just for this type of cover. Too bad there's not a Nobel Prize for Unintentionally Goofy Sex Poetry.
- "No one can outfox me from my sex ambush," bragged Chick, nonsensically.
"Suppose I had you hypnotized, gave you a gun, and told you to shoot George. Ninety-nine times out of one hundred, you would refuse the command and either wake up or remain asleep without any action. But if I told you George was a ravenous grizzly bear about to attack you and you family, you would shoot the hell out of him."
At this point, George, who had come to this retreat solely for the promise of outdoor naked hot-tubbing, became understandably worried.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter and Tumblr]