Title: The Cruel Dawn
Author: Alfred Viazzi
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $14
Best things about this cover:
- "I said, I'm gonna wash that gray right out of your hair! Hold still!"
- "Demon, I cast thee out!"
- Gloria liked to end every dance with a vicious take-down.
- Normally I find things like garter belts and cleavage quite hot, but between the dowdiness of that nightgown and the oddly porcelain quality of this woman's skin, this lady just isn't doing it for me. Also, maybe it's just me, but she seems a bit standoffish.
Best things about this back cover:
- Her body is blonde? That's more info than you usually get in an opening description.
- Oooh, a "lusty bordello." Not one of those Puritanical bordellos you see from time to time. Those are sooo annoying.
- A decent, non-wanton actress would, of course, have taken the time to get properly dressed before shielding a man with her body. Pfft. Whore.
The last thing he remembered was the thud and pain of a boot kicking hard into the side of his head.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]