Title: Notorious (no, not that "Notorious")
Author: Day Keene
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $12
Best things about this cover:
- The fact that the Canada-only "35c" price tag overrides the Giant "25c" sign in the middle of the cover painting.
- Innocent country girl tries to make it in the big ... Carny?
- "I want to look like her. Can you do that, leering carnival barker man?"
- "So, whatcha got in the suitcase, lady?" "Murder." "Oh ... I see."
- "Murder in her suitcase" - this makes me hope for something gloriously bloody, like a small chainsaw with which she starts beheading everyone in site: "Is this part of the show, mama?"
- I Really wish the lady in the foreground weren't so damned shadowed
Best things about this back cover:
- Say what you will about Day Keene, he could totally rock the 'stache.
- Ferron! "They call me Ferron: The Iron Man"
- "the main chance"? - is that Canadian for "the big score"?
Kelcey struck Ferron in the face. "Where's the money, carny? Where's the eighteen grand?"