Title: Bedrooms Have Windows
Author: A. A. Fair (pen name of Erle Stanley Gardner)
Cover artist: Mike Ludlow
Yours for: $8
Best things about this cover:
- "Bedrooms Have Windows" - they sure do. And Blondes Have Mirrors and Peeping Toms Have Trenchcoats.
- That is the see-throughiest blouse I've ever seen anywhere.
- I've always loved that Dell keyhole eye logo.
- I also love the yellow cloth on her ... what do you call that piece of furniture? A vanity!
- Black bra = trouble. I saw "Psycho." I know.
Best things about this back cover:
- Arrows, Ha ha
- "They laugh alike, they walk alike, at times they even talk alike ..."
- Boy, they sure know how to make an author look exciting.
- "Pocket-edition Venus" - that's hot.
- Lam and Cool mysteries are great, and ESG wrote them all (I think) under the A.A. Fair name. Lam and Cool are the Jack Sprat + wife of mystery stories (only they aren't married).
The taffy-haired blonde who was standing in front of the mirror, surveying her partially clothed figure with quite evident approval, was the girl who had picked me up the night before as her escort, and had taken me to the motor court.