Title: Green Light for Death
Author: Frank Kane
Cover artist: [Blickenstaff]
Yours for: $25
Best things about this cover:
- "Is that a naked banshee over there in the corner? Doing the Lambada? O man, I'm so wasted..."
- "Misunderstanding the concept of "War on Drugs" completely, Johnny Liddell began firing randomly at the smoke that filled the room."
- I have "marijuana!" written on the ID sticker on this book's plastic bag, but I can't find confirming evidence that pot is at all involved in this story. I will say, though, that there are references to cigarettes, pipes, and smoking in general on virtually every page.
- Love love love the naked dancer's necklace, captured in mid-air. Lovely.
- Also love the disaffected Brando look-alike at the small of her back. For some reason, in my mind, he is French.
Best things about this back cover:
- I'm not sure "accident or suicide" really warrants quoting.
Liddell's eyes sought out Mike Lane where he sat gloating like an obscene Buddha, his tiny eyes fixed hungrily on the cavorting girl, his head nodding in time to the music.
Unless Mike Lane is a fat Asian hip-hop fan, this simile sucks.