Titles: Who's Afraid / Widow's Mite
Author: Elisabeth Sanxay Holding
Cover artist: Brulé / uncredited
Yours for: $9
Best things about this cover:
- Man hands. Seriously, look at those things. My god. I fear for her upper head.
- "I remember embracing some generic man ... and the corpse of Bela Lugosi was there ... oh, it's all so fuzzy..."
- This book should be called "Who's Depressed?"
Best things about this other cover:
- "... and he threw the decapitated head of the young boy through the open window. The End."
- I guess there was a sale on "Dour Blue" at the art store when these covers were being painted.
- That blurb is pretty tepid: "Eh, you could do worse, I guess."
- Is a "mite" what I think it is? Dang, a "widow's mite" is "A small contribution made by one who has little" This is disappointing, as I was imagining this would be a story about a. a widow who kept a tiny bug as a pet, or b. a widow who enjoyed wearing a MITRE (of mysterious origin)
Page 123 (of "Widow's Mite")~
"Now!" she said. "Now you're going to get what's coming to you, you damn smug little bitch! You're going to be arrested, any minute. You'll be in jail tonight. And you'll end up in the electric chair!"