Title: With Sirens Screaming
Author: Ernest Booth
Cover artist: looks like Robert Stanley, but it's technically "uncredited"
Yours for: $11
Best things about this cover:
- "Who is it, Steve? Is the pizza here?"
- "They PAID the PRICE for a PREMARITAL indiscretion" - a PYRAMID PAPERBACK, featuring ... POLICE, and ... other "P" words you may have heard of
- "With Sirens Screaming" - Would have been better if the Sirens had been Screaming "Sin, Sin, Sin!"; what kind of alliteration-inducing dope were the copywriter guys smoking?
- What is she doing with that sheet? It's a little late for modesty, sweetheart.
- The lady looks concerned not, as you might expect, because the police have come to stone her to death for being a harlot, but because in attempting to rise from bed, she has broken or otherwise done something horrible to her left wrist
- Hey, Steve. Little advice. If you are trying to peer through a window discreetly, you might not wanna pull the curtains apart so wide.
"Hey, coppers, look at the hot piece of tail I got up in here! Yeah, you wish your wives were this hot!"
"[tee hee], oh Steve... you're funny, and not nearly as creepy and sadistic as my friends said you were"
Best things about this back cover:
- You had me at "merciless penal code."
- This back cover brought to you by "Adjectives 'R' Us" - where we believe that every shocking noun deserves a reckless adjective. If you aren't happy with our merciless service, we'll give you your vicious money back
His shoulder had become a burning area whose throbbing was cadenced to each step he took ...
"Uh ... that's not my shoulder."