Title: This Violent Land
Author: William H. Jacobs
Cover artist: again, uncredited
Yours for: $9
Best things about this cover:
- "Stop right there, Henry Fonda! Now ... give me my scarf back, nice and easy."
- "Raw" and "earthy" means people are doin' it.
- Now that I look at her hands more closely, I'm not convinced she aims to fire it. She's sort of ... stroking the ... underside of the ... shaft? "Oh, is this big thing yours?"
- She is undeniably hot. I mean - fantastic. Everything a rifle-toting cover girl should be. I have a Girls with Guns collection, so I ask you, how was I supposed to not buy this book?
Best things about this back cover:
- OMG the names of these people! Genius!
- "'Joanna' doesn't sound ... I don't know, exotic enough." "How about ... Zoanna, sir?" "Brilliant!"
- I love a good Malabar every now and then. "Hard-bitten?" When I get through with them, yes.
- "Earthy" again! Unless they literally smear soil on themselves, I'm going to be very disappointed in this book.
He saw again the woman with the scarred face, her white legs parting, the black devil's cup beckoning. "Make me a woman! Make me a woman!" Soft, warm, melting. He was on the road to hellfire.
"Black devil's cup?!" That's a new one to me.