Title: You Kill Me
Author: John D. MacDonald
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: $12
Best things about this cover:
- The former title - which tells you everything about the difference between selling hardbacks and paperbacks. "You Live Once" = subject intransitive verb adverb = "zzzzzzz," whereas "You Kill Me" = subject transitive verb object = entire lurid plot in three words = sales gold
- She has a wasp waist and is wearing vaguely waspish colors
- "I am crazy for the salsa dance!"
- She has that ambiguous look of reckless abandon / sadistic glee
- John O'Hara is straight-up awesome - many paperbacks by him in my collection, some we've already seen.
Best things about this back cover:
- Well, not much. Another image retread.
- For once, the copy writers got it right: "a go-to-hell" look. Nice.
"I put my shoes on and stood by the car in the darkness. Soon I heard the sounds of his dying."