Title: The Erection Set
Author: Mickey Spillane
Cover artist: Picasso
Yours for: $6
Best things about this cover:
- Is that extended leg supposed to simulate an erection or stimulate one? In either case: [shudder]
- If you ever doubted the phallic qualities of a gun, behold this cover. Of course, before this cover, I doubted the phallic qualities of a left leg. This cover's full of learning opportunities.
- Be honest: was there ever a time when that hairdo (bottle blond, unkempt yet sculpted, etc.) was attractive? I was three when this book came out, so I'm not a good judge.
- She is aggressively tan
- Remember when women with medium-to-smallish breasts could get shirt-removal work?
Best things about this back cover:
- "Hey, has anyone seen my artificial leg?"
- "Dogeron!!" - setting up the inevitable catchprase: "That doggone Dogeron done gone and done it again!"
My teeth were showing when I said, "You can always change your mind, pal. Like starting right now. I'll take all three of you out and be gone before the noise dies down."