Title: A Hard Day's Knight (The New Man from O.R.G.Y. #9)
Author: Ted Mark
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: $11
Best things about this cover:
- Hey Ladies, he's Back! See Steve Victor wipe nervous (but manly) sweat from his neck in "A Hard Day's Knight" - get it? 'Cause he's kinda like a "knight" (if you take a lot of drugs and then squint real hard) ... and then maybe if we make people think of the Beatles he will seem more attractive.
- Nothing turns me on like a housecoat, granny panties, and molded plastic hair of an indeterminate dirt color.
- Not sure what he's planning to do with that gun, but the placement makes me nervous.
- #9 ... is my favorite number. For real.
Best things about this back cover:
- Space Race!
- You had me at "wife-swapping"
- Why will I still be asking "Who is Ted Mark?" even after I've "read his books?"
- "Hip readers are asking 'Who is Ted Mark?" - the rest of us are asking the more pertinent question: "WHY is Ted Mark?"
[brace yourself - last time I quoted from a Ted Mark book, there was "edible root" involved]
Page 123 just doesn't cut it, so here's Page 108:
Her young breasts pointed up at me like two scarlet-beaked doves eager to be fed. Leonard was fumbling at her hips with the buttons of her shorts. His jeans were already down around his ankles. His adolescent lust was a murderous spear catching the moonlight. I revised my opinion as to his lack of maturity. Intellectually I might have been right, but physically he was a grown man-and-a-half.
Oh ... my. "Murderous spear." Still, it's better than "edible root."